10/27 an eventful day in CLT

 I can tell you some things you may not know that goes on in Charlotte, but I can tell you that Mrs. Jacinda and Flyty always put me onto something new. 


Being with them yesterday was so fun. I first met with them at compare foods so they can shoot some footage for CompareFoodsTV. What I enjoyed about this was they provided valuable information that I didn't know about compare foods. Compare foods have so many things for vegans. I personally never could find jackfruit in any popular food stores like Publix, Harris teeter and I even tried Walmart. But compare foods have a lot of items that most supermarkets don't carry. They also have this point system where you can rack up points. (Thats a plus) Watching them at compare foods, I love taking the information that I learned from the media classes and watching them do it. Towards the end of media classes, we were practicing memorization. Flyty and Mrs. Jacinda nailed that thing within one to two takes and she used the same methods she taught us. I thought that was cool to watch. 


After we finished up with compare foods, we went to this school that wasn't too far. At the school, they had a Hugo the Hornet (Hornets mascot) come out to meet the kids and what they do is, they come out to encourage students to read, and show them that reading is actually cool. They usually have this bus that is a library on the inside and a special class get to come into the bus to get books from the library. Pre- covid, they actually used to go into the schools and have these events with music, dancing, lots of fun with Hugo, their teachers and more. Since covid shut it down, I thought it was still so nice of them to come out and speak with the kids. Also the kids loved it, they absolutely love seeing Hugo. 


After, Mrs. Jacinda showed me this place that she likes to go just to chill out there and it was so peaceful. I enjoyed being there. She was supposed to get pictures taken in that area but we went uptown to take photos for branding. 

When I met the photographer, I seen she had a really good eye. By looking at the pictures she was taking, you would think she rented and blocked off the street of uptown Charlotte to take these photos. I have never met a photographer who made an ally look so good. I never met a photographer who makes a restaurant look so beautiful. She is extremely talented and her husband is talented as well. 

Her husband is a videographer. I am really interested in what he do because that is something that I instantly connected with while I was at Queens. Talking to him and having conversations with him, he is a very humble man and he is super smart. He was telling me that he think it's easier for my generation to get into videography. I felt the opposite because now its much more competitive as to when he came in and he responded with a super great answer. He told me that there is really never an original idea. It is people out here that have the same ideas as us but its all about the action. He said that every time he has an idea, he just goes out and do it. I just felt that was so helpful for me because how many times do we come up with something but never put any action behind it.

Going forward, I will be working to just do what I feel in my heart and I encourage others to do the same!


Photographer Instagram: @cndelophotography

Videographer Instagram: @shoot2edit 





Comments