Media Class: How to Captivate Your Audience and Command the Room

     Last night was the second night I attended one of Mrs. Jacinda's and FlyTy's media class and I know each class gets better and better. 

   FlyTy and Mrs. Jacinda don't miss a beat guys. We had new people join the class last night and off the rip they made them known and present in the class. They gave a nice warm welcome as well the opportunity to introduce themselves. The new students fit right in with the vets. This last class was FlyTy's time to shine because it was right up his alley as he would say. But how to captivate the room, I love how he had the opportunity to lead this class because as he was leading the class, I would go back and replay the interview in my head. Everything he said on how to capture the room, HE DID THAT IN THE INTERVIEW. 

    These guys do not lie when it comes to their lessons in these classes. For me, I was a witness that the proof is in the pudding. Because I watched FlyTy practice, then the night after I watched him preach and that was one of the greatest gifts in the class last night. 

    I can't drop all the gems they gave in the class, I can only tell you my experience and one thing that I love about the class. Its not a teacher student moment. Its teachers all around, and everyone is a student. We all have something to share that can help someone else in the class and we all have something we can learn from each other. 

    The second highlight of my night in the class was when the new students shared something about himself that he constantly been told about, so when he did something about it he received no more comments. Then he realized, why am I changing myself for other people. 

    TO BE YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF IS THE GREATEST GIFT

    After hearing him I realized that all my life I was told that if I wanted to be on the radio or tv, I need to clean up my accent. When I came to college, students were mocking me like I was a hillbilly which really rubbed me the wrong way. When I go out and talk in front of people that I don't instantly feel comfortable with, I don't reveal my authentic self because of that. 

    Last night they made me realize that my voice and my accent is my gift. Everyone don't sound like a country girl from the small city of Goldsboro NC and they aren't supposed to


Comments