My First Blessing Bag

    On 9/4/2021 I went to meet with Mrs. Jacinda's non profit organization, "Stolen Lunches". On the first Saturday of every month, they all meet up at Community Matters Cafe uptown Charlotte to make these blessing bags for the homeless.

    I arrived early so I was just helping take stuff out of people cars and I was just so amazed to see some of the things that they brought. Some of the things they had were snacks, water, juice, hand sanitizer, sanitary wipes, shampoo, soap, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste and to see all the stuff that was there and how many volunteers we had were just so impactful. 

    When I seen that we had young children helping to make blessing bags, it made me tear up because the amount of people that came together to do such a beautiful thing made me so joyful. 

    I had a really great time making the blessing bags and after we made them, we were able to take some bags home to go and give to the homeless. I left that day with 5 blessing bags and I now have two left to give. 

    It felt so good to help the community and to help those in need, and it made me feel so good on the inside for the rest of the day. 

    I can't wait for the next one so I can bring more people! 



Comments