"Face for Television" my first class with Mrs. Jacinda & FlyTy

     I recently joined my first media class with Mrs. Jacinda and Flyty and where do I begin.

    The class topic was "Face for Television" and being in the class for the first time, off gate the energy was there. When the class first started, they started with reviewing the students homework. While looking at the students homework that they have put together. All I can think is "wow, these students are so talented." The students in the class have true potential and Flyty and Mrs. Jacinda are just molding them to be better for the media industry. The students had a true gift, they are funny, and seeing the students in the class and looking at their work made me feel like I can do it too.

    FlyTy and Jacinda work !!!! Y'all might want to sit down and have a drink because this is going to be a good one.

    I'll start with the homework. They give homework assignments so if you're not willing to do a little bit of work and get your hands dirty then this might not be for you. The homework they give is only to help you, to prepare you, to better you. The previous class before I came was "How to be a motivational speaker", the homework was for the students to recored themselves doing a speech. I would just like say, the students had me in shock with this work because some of them already sounded like they've done this millions of times. At a few moments, I felt like they needed a TED talk platform. Jacinda and Flyty prepared them so well, you wouldn't have known that it was their FIRST time doing this. 

    After we watched each video from the students, Jacinda and Flyty gave points on what they did well and what they need to work on. I wish I could use emojis because the advice they give (inserts fire emojis)!!!! MY OHHH MY !!!! The advice they give is so real. They are literally telling you everything to better yourself for the media not holding back a thing. Not only that, but they practice what they preach. It gets even better than that, when I seen them improv, I almost jumped out my seat. The not only tell you, give you examples, but they also show you by roll playing amongst themselves. Thats honestly the best way to teach someone. 

    Now you guys who've read my recent blogs know I'm a college student. I've been studying this stuff for the media industry for three years now and I have to make two points and here me when I say this. 

  •     I learned better material just from one class with them, more relevant information, I can apply the information they gave, and with school I didn't get that. I got the books and the history.

     

  • Zoom calls with them was better than any RingCentral meeting I had with my professors during covid. I will be very honest and transparent. I used to fall asleep in class via RingCentral. FlyTy and Mrs. Jacinda was so interesting, they held the class attention. No one was zoning off. I think out of all  my classes during covid it was only one class that actually had my attention like  Flyty and Mrs. Jacinda's class

 The class started at 6:30pm and by 7:43, I felt like I had a gift. They made me feel like I could be a great speaker and tell stories like the students did. They made me feel like I could be an advocate for someone or a certain group. 

    The notes I took were great as well as the notes they provide for the people who attended the class. They even record the session and you get the link to that.

    I feel like they didn't miss a beat when it came to the class, FlyTy and Mrs. Jacinda delivered from beginning to the end.

Comments